Friday 8 August 2014

PC Themes sold me an open box item

Hi all,



Very unhappy incident today.



Went to PC Themes and picked up a Silverstone Grandia GD-80 casing today. Asked for the price and got it right away at the quoted price.



When I got home, I unboxed the item, realizing that there was no plastic sheet or bag protecting the case in the box. Styrofoam particles were all over the metal of the case.



Upon opening the box I found that the top side was facing down, which felt weird to me. I proceeded to unbox it and I found MEAN scratches on the top of the case, almost as it it had been scratched on on purpose.











At no point was I told that I was buying a display set or an open box.



With a bit of research, I found a video by LinusTechTips here.



This confirmed my suspicions that it was an open box that I had gotten, since:

1. There was no plastic bag.

2. The case was placed the other way around.



There could have been a mix up where it was a case that should have been returned to Hydra instead of being sold, but the fact stays that I have been given an open box item that was to be rejected.



I will be contacting PC Themes on Sunday since they are not open tomorrow for the National Day Holiday.



Otherwise, anyone that wishes to represent PC Themes may PM me to resolve this issue asap. Before that, I urge everyone to insist on inspection of the items that they purchase from anywhere, not just PC Themes, as mistakes are bound to happen.





via Singapore Classified http://ift.tt/1opE1zX

No comments:

Post a Comment