Tuesday 28 October 2014

4th Mass Order: RCA Terminal Protectors

I am conducting the 4th mass order for RCA terminal protectors. These plastic protectors will shield the unused RCA terminals of amplifiers, AV tuners, CD/DVD/Blu-Ray players, DACs and TVs, etc, from oxidation, rust and dust. Safeguarding your valuable investments and retaining their value for resale.



Each set contains 12 protectors. Prices with shipping are:



SGD$2 per set





SGD$10 for 6 sets







To receive the goods, buyers either choose to self-collect at my void deck in Ang Mo Kio after 9pm, City Hall MRT station on Saturday 12pm or via local registered post (please provide me your REAL name and full mailing address).



The postage for up to 12 sets is SGD$5 for registered mail within Singapore. Add $1 postage for every additional 6 sets thereafter.



This MO will close on Sunday, 2nd November 2014 at 10pm. All payments are to be paid in full.



I accept payment prior to ordering via POSB/DBS/UOB ATM transfer, Internet Banking transfer or DBS PayLah! . Interested buyer please SMS/WhatsApp to me at 98805223. (Please do not call or SMS after 11pm and before 7am)



Delivery of goods takes approximately 4 to 6 weeks.



-----



Why I use RCA terminal protectors and what make them special?



Ever since my hifi adventure started more than 30 years ago, my greatest pet peeve in this hobby is the oxidation of unused connectors. Due to high humidity in Singapore, metal connectors (even gold-plated ones) start to oxidize within 6 months. Although just cosmetic, this annoyance has led me to try and test all possible solutions to counteract it, or minimize the effect at least. From $10 a piece Cardas 24K Gold Plated Copper RCA Cap to 30 cents a piece red and black rubber cap. The Cardas gold caps are supposed to eliminate EMF and RF interference too. Do they actually work as compared to the 30 cents rubber caps? Frankly, I cannot tell. Some people claimed to hear a "quieter" background but I heard the same from my system. I sold all the Cardas gold caps for a good price in the end.



Nevertheless, one thing both RCA caps have in common is they do minimize oxidation on the connectors. You may think I have solved my problem using cheap rubber caps but this is far from the end of story. These rubber caps are nasty buggers. They are very, very difficult to remove once installed. I must use a pair of pliers to yank them off (very much like tooth extraction). Sometimes if I pulled too hard, part of the rubber cap got ripped off, creating more problems. It was absolutely nerve-wrecking.



One day, my audiophile kaki who stays in China introduced these yellow plastic RCA terminal protectors to me. He said these RCA caps are very popular among the audiophile community in the Mainland. He gave me a set to try.









My first impression was these RCA caps fit snugly on the RCA terminals compared to those nasty rubber ones. They are so much easier to remove.









Pliers are needed NO MORE...







Another feature which I like about these RCA protectors is, because they are yellow, they are very easy to find if I accidentally drop one into the "snake pit" (behind my hifi rack full of cables). I just shine my LED torchlight, locating the yellow RCA cap is a breeze.





[photos: KopiOkaya]



----------



TESTIMONIES:



“I used to buy these locally for 30 cents a piece. Yours is cheaper. Thanks." - Mr Kwok



-----



“I don't notice the RCA connectors at the back of my equipment and never bother how they look. A few of mine are oxidized. Hope these caps will help." - Edmund Hong



-----



"Good! Very neat after installation." - Peter



-----



"Thanks of the MO. I use these protectors on every piece of equipment in my house." - Jovan Lai



-----



"I have received the terminal protectors. Thanks for organising the MO. Very good product at an extremely reasonable cost. Very satisfied." - Ranon Yu



-----



"I need more of the RCA terminal protectors... When is the next MO?" - Hoon



-----





via Singapore Classified http://ift.tt/1u3jKVg

No comments:

Post a Comment