Tuesday 29 July 2014

11th Mass Order: Lepai LP-2020A+ T-amp

I am conducting the 11th mass order for Lepai LP-2020A+ (version 3, revision C with twin relays for better speakers protection a.k.a. 2013 new version). The AC power adapter WILL NOT be included as it is a controlled item in Singapore. You should purchase a PSB APPROVED regulated power adapter separately.



The manufacturer recommends a power input of 12 volts 2 ampere but I suggest using a 5 ampere power supply instead for better sound and the ability to drive bigger loads. (Scroll down to read where to purchase one)



This MO will close on Sunday, 3rd August 2014 at 10pm.



Price is SGD$30 per unit with shipping included. All payments are to be paid in full.



I accept payment prior to ordering via POSB/DBS ATM or Internet Banking transfer, DBS PayLah! or PayPal. Interested buyer please SMS/WhatsApp to me at 98805223. (Please do not call or SMS after 11pm and before 7am)



Delivery of goods takes approximately 4 to 6 weeks.



Colors available in black and silver.



Black









Silver









Revision C (latest version) a.k.a. 20130828PCB new version - new and improved air-core power inductors and a new "pop" suppression circuit.









Revision B (previous version) - notice only one relay





The heart and soul of Lepai LP-2020A+ - the Tripath TA-2020 chipset



[photos: KopiOkaya]



Specifications -



Power output: 2 x 20 watts RMS

Inputs: 2 channel RCA, 3.5mm stereo jack

Input impedance: 47k ohms

Frequency response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz

Input sensitivity: 200 mV ; Minimum THD: <0.05%

Dimensions (D x W x H): 120 x 147 x 42 mm



----------



The Lepai LP-2020A+ is based on Tripath TA-2020 amp chip. This is a 20W RMS two-channel Class-T Digital Audio Power Amplifier.



This mini audio amplifier is ideal for both home and car audio applications. The amplifier's TA2020 amp chip is a 20W per channel continuous average two-channel Class-T Digital Audio Power Amplifier IC that incorporates Tripath's proprietary Digital Power Processing technology. Class-T amplifiers offer the audio fidelity of Class-AB amps combined with the power efficiency of Class-D amplifiers.



The Lepai amp's clean, 20 watt output makes it perfect for almost any auto or home audio project or DIY application.



Google Lepai TA2020 and you'll find this little amp has been discussed and raved about! Each unit has an RCA left and right channel input, or you can use the 3.5 mm stereo input jack for plugging in almost any music source, such as iPod/iPad, smartphone or MP3 player. Convenient spring terminals make connections to your speakers quick and easy!



The Lepai mini amplifier has an aluminum enclosure that is lightweight, yet sturdy, and acts as a heat sink to keep the amp running cool.



My own unit stays cool after 6 hours of non-stop playing (driving a pair of Onkyo 3-way floorstanders with 12" woofers).





EVERY unit is tested and checked before distributing to buyers.





-----



Where to purchase the AC adapter in Singapore



PSB-approved regulated AC power adapters are available at Unicell International Pte Ltd, Sim Lim Square #02-40/41 (Tel: 6337 6548 / 6336 3236) for about S$20 each. (Disclaimer: I don't earn commission from Unicell)







-----



Read the comments from Lepai owners:



"The Lepai is more neutral and transparent-sounding than my Emotiva mini-X a-100, which costs 8.5 times more. Better pacing and clarity too. A truly great value little amp!" - Christopher Teo



-----



"I can't believe this is a $30 amp.... It doesn't sound like one." - Nizam



-----



"Throughout my 40 years of audiophile hi-fi journey, I have not encountered anything this good, this cheap. Today, I finally got to meet "it". "It" is the Lepai amp I collected from you this afternoon." - Peter



-----



"Love it to bits... My system never sounded so good. Very neutral, transparent and clean sounding." - Heng



-----



"I consider myself a very late player. The ang mohs have been fiddling with the Lepai since 2006 and they love it. Now I finally understand why." - David



-----



“算是惊喜吧,原来有一台2020的功放价格是这的两倍还多。从国內带来的。多了音效特别是低音调节乐派2020全胜。效果不错。Amazon上1000多条评价,Youtube上很多视频,足以了解这个产品的特性。国货精品,果然是好东西。赞!” - Zhao Yichen



-----



"I have read what you wrote in DiyAudio forum and I think this is what I will do to my Lepai to make it sound even better. It is a fun amp to mod." - Andrew Lim



[Disclaimer: Modify the amp at your own risk]





-----



"Thank you for conducting MO for this gem. I have heard about it for a long time and I am a very satisfied owner now." - Mr Foo



-----



"This tidy amp already sounds great out of the box. Can't wait for it to run-in." - Micheal Seah



-----



"Very powerful little amp. Able to drive my floorstanders with ease." - James Hu from Malaysia







-----



"This little amp is on steroids... " - Mr Loh



-----



"Haha... I am replacing my NAD 302 with this. I cannot believe what I am hearing..." - Yap L.H.



-----



"Hook up the Lepai to my KEF floorstanders and Edifier sub. I was totally floored by the sound this little fella can produce. Thanks for the 5A power supply recommendation." - Hilarion







-----



"Thanks for your advice... I think I will stick to the Lepai for now. I am very happy with it actually. Maybe I am so used to listening to high-powered amps, I still find the Lepai underpowered." - James



-----



"Using my Lepai with a pair of Dynaudio floorstanders and it sounds damn good." - Gerald Koh



-----



"$30 for this kind of sound... This amp is probably the deal of the century!" - Benny



-----



Sound quality is exceptional. Drives my Bose satellites without problems. Looks good as well." - Timothy Ang







-----



"When is your next MO? I am telling my friends to buy from you." - Fred Lee



-----



"This amp sounds fantastic. Here is my humble setup." - Weixiong







-----



"I am having endless fun modding this amp. For $30, the sound really bo tam hiam liao!" - Thomas











----------





via Singapore Classified http://ift.tt/UJtqnc

No comments:

Post a Comment